Which Video/Audio Formats are Supported by Xbox One X?
Xbox One X is a thoroughly modern console with components that are a match for today’s mid-range gaming PCs. Like previous Xbox One S, new game consoles support 4K HDR content through the HDR 10 standard, and have 4K UHD Blu-ray drives. For home theater enthusiasts, it’s also a good choice to stream and play local videos, Blu-ray/DVD discs movies. But do you know Xbox One X supported video formats? Which video/audio files are compatible with Xbox One X? Read this tutorial to get some hints.
From Xbox official website, below video/audio formats are supported by Xbox One X in best viewing effect:
Video formats: 3GP video, 3GP2, AVI DivX, DV AVI, AVI uncompressed, asf, AVI Xvid, H.264 AVCHD, M-JPEG, .mkv, .mov, MPEG-PS, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-2 TS, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, WMV, WMV HD
Audio formats: 3GP audio, AAC, ADTS, MP3, WAV, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, WMA Voice
If have some region locked Blu-ray/DVD discs, or video/audio files are not compatible with Xbox One X, you can use some third-party video converter to convert videos/Blu-ray/DVD movies for Xbox One X.
Convert Blu-ray/DVD/Video Format to Xbox One X For Playback
- Convert virtually any video/DVD/Blu-ray files to all popular video/audio formats like H.264 MP4, MOV, MPEG-4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, 3GP, VOB, MP3, M4A, WAV, and more.
- Remove Blu-ray/DVD Region code, CSS, RCE, Sony ARccOS and PuppetLock.
- Customized presets for 150+ popular formats including Xbox One S, iPhone 8/X, iPad, Samsung, Android, PS3/PS4, Apple TV, and more
- Backup any DVD/Blu-ray with 100% original quality, or directly copy Blu-ray/DVD main movies as you like.
- Edit videos in your way (crop, trim, volume, subtitle, watermark and effect)
- Support H.265/HEVC Encode & Decode
Free download best Video Converter for Xbox One X:
Windows version Brorsoft Video Converter Ultimate taken as example, Mac shares the same steps. Just keep in mind you have download the right version, Windows platform .exe files cannot be installed on macOS – and vice versa.
Step 1. Import Blu-ray/DVD/Video files
Install and launch the best video converter for Xbox One X, simply click Load File to load your videos or click Load Disc to import Blu-ray/DVD movies to the program.
Step 2. Choose output format
Tap the Format bar and select Xbox 360 HD Video (*.wmv) from Zune/Xbox 360 Device category as the output format. Which is compatible with Xbox One X as well. Or you can choose other presets according to your devices.
Step 3. Start the conversion
When all settings are done, simply click the Convert button to convert Blu-ray/DVD/Video formats to Xbox One X supported formats. After the conversion, hit the Open button to quickly locate the ripped files, then follow below two ways to play the converted Blu-ray/DVD/Videos on Xbox One X.
Method 1: Play Blu-ray/DVD/Video Rips to Xbox One X via USB
Copy the converted Blu-ray/DVD/Video movies to a USB flash drive and plug it into USB port on game console then you can play it on Xbox One X.
Method 2: Stream Blu-ray/DVD/Video Rips to Xbox One X from PC
1. Make sure that your PC and Xbox One X are in the same network.
2. In Xbox One X, follow “Settings” ＞ “Preferences” and make sure “Allow Play To streaming” is ticked.
3. Select the media on your PC and right click it to select “Play To” option.
4. A dropdown menu will appear showing you a list of devices detected in your network.
5. Choose Xbox One X, and the stream will begin, and then you can play the converted Blu-ray/DVD/Videos on Xbox One X without hassle.