VOB to H.265: Convert VOB Files to H.265/HEVC
For those who have demands to transcode and convert VOB files to H.265/HEVC on Windows PC or Mac, you have come to the right place. The rest of this article will show detailed steps to finish the conversion.
Most of you may know VOB (Video Object) is the container format in DVD-Video media and usually it is used to store digital video, digital audio, subtitles, DVD menus and navigation contents. Though VOB files are supported by few of media players including MPlayer, VLC media player, GOM player, Media Player Classic, etc. But it’s not widely accepted by QuickTime, iPhone, iPad or Android devices. So, transcode and convert VOB to H.265/HEVC should be a good solution, as HEVC/H.265 video codec has higher data compression ratio, superior video quality and better compatibility.
To finish the task, a professional H.265/HEVC encoder and converter like Brorsoft Video Converter is needed. Main features of the best VOB to HEVC converter:
- Built-in 250+ video/audio codecs, it can easily convert VOB to HEVC, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MKV, MPEG4, H.264, etc.
- Convert among 4K/HD 1080p/720p videos, like H.265 to H.264, MKV to MP4, MTS to MOV, MKV to HEVC.
- Infused with as many as 150+ preset profiles for Apple, Android, Sony, Microsoft and Google devices.
- It applies NVIDIA CUDA & AMD acceleration tech to dramatically enhance the VOB to HEVC converting speed.
- Flexible parameter settings allow you to adjust the video resolution, codec, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc with ease.
- Fully compatible with Windows (10/8/7) and Mac (Mac OS X 10.5-10.13 macOS High Sierra)
Step 1. Load VOB videos
Free download and install VOB to H.265 encoding program, go to the menu bar, select Add button to select VOB files you want to import. You can also directly drag the video files to the program for conversion. It supports batch conversion so you can import multiple files at a time.
Step 2. Select H.265 as output format
From the drop-down list of ” Format” > “Common Video”, you can select H.265 Video(*.mp4) as the target format.
Tip: You can change the format parameters by click the Settings bar. The video size, video encoder, frame rate, bit rate, audio encoder, channel and more other parameters can be adjusted in this Settings option.
Step 3. Start the conversion
Tap Convert to begin the HEVC to HEVC/H.265 conversion. BTW, the conversion speed largely depends on your computer configuration. After the conversion, you’ll get resulted H.265(HEVC) videos for better playback.